Friday, April 26, 2024 12:52:24 AM

D-Link DCS932L setup with Vera Controller

Posted: 7 years ago
If your reading this, you probably just purchased the D-Link DCS932L and are looking to add it to your Vera Edge controller.
Good choice! This is a great little camera that offers day and night assurance for your home.

Setup Camera
Before you attempt to add this to the Vera, please follow the instructions that come with the camera. Once the camera is working as per the manufacture then you can attempt to follow the information below.
If you are unable to view the camera image after following the manufacture information you will not be able to proceed.
It is important that you resolve this before attempting the next step. Please refer to the D-Link support site, or You Tube for assistance.

Connecting to Vera
1. Login to home.getvera.com and connect to your controller
2. From the dashboard select 'Cameras +' from the left side of the screen
3. On the right top of the screen click '+ Add Camera'
4. In the list of devices, select Cameras and select 'IP Cameras (Other IP Camera)'
5. Follow the steps in the wizard
6. Enter a camera name and select a room
7. Click 'Finish'

If Camera is not detected automatically!
In some configurations the camera may not automatically connect. Follow these steps to manually setup the camera.
1. Wait for the count down to complete, and select 'manually install the camera (advanced)'
2. A list of IP address and MAC addresses will appear, check the back of your camera to see what the MAC address is and find it on the list.
NOTE: The MAC address is a 12 character identifier that is unique to the camera on your network.
3. Select the tick box beside the camera that matches your camera.
NOTE: If your camera is not listed, you may have issues with the setup of the camera and should consult the manufactures documentation before restarting this process.
ADVANCED: You can check your router or DHCP server to find the IP Address of the camera and manually enter this.
4. Once selected, scroll down and select the Camera Type as 'Other IP Camera'
5. You will now have to enter a URL. This will need the IP Address of the camera, which can be found in front of the MAC address you selected above. An IP Address will look something like 192.168.1.100. Please note your system may use a different IP Address range so this is an example only. It MUST match the IP address of YOUR camera to work.
6. The URL will need to be:
                                http://<IPAddress>/image.jpg
NOTE: Change <IPAddress> into the actual address of your camera, using the example before it will look like this:
                                http://192.168.1.100/image.jpg
7. In the User name filed enter 'Admin
8. The default password for this camera is blank, so leave this field empty (unless you changed the password when you setup the camera in the manufactures configuration, if so please enter it now)
9. Click the 'Test' button below and if you see an image appear then the configuration has worked.
If no image appears, please start from the beginning of these instructions. Making sure you check each stage.
10.Once the test has worked, enter the camera name you want (suggest you keep it simple)
11. Select the room
12. Click Next and finish

Posted: 6 years ago
Damon wrote:
If your reading this, you probably just purchased the D-Link DCS932L and are looking to add it to your Vera Edge controller.
Good choice! This is a great little camera that offers day and night assurance for your home.

Setup Camera
Before you attempt to add this to the Vera, please follow the instructions that come with the camera. Once the camera is working as per the manufacture then you can attempt to follow the information below.
If you are unable to view the camera image after following the manufacture information you will not be able to proceed.
It is important that you resolve this before attempting the next step. Please refer to the D-Link support site, or You Tube for assistance.

Connecting to Vera
1. Login to home.getvera.com and connect to your controller
2. From the dashboard select 'Cameras +' from the left side of the screen
3. On the right top of the screen click '+ Add Camera'
4. In the list of devices, select Cameras and select 'IP Cameras (Other IP Camera)'
5. Follow the steps in the wizard
6. Enter a camera name and select a room
7. Click 'Finish'

If Camera is not detected automatically!
In some configurations the camera may not automatically connect. Follow these steps to manually setup the camera.
1. Wait for the count down to complete, and select 'manually install the camera (advanced)'
2. A list of IP address and MAC addresses will appear, check the back of your camera to see what the MAC address is and find it on the list.
NOTE: The MAC address is a 12 character identifier that is unique to the camera on your network.
3. Select the tick box beside the camera that matches your camera.
NOTE: If your camera is not listed, you may have issues with the setup of the camera and should consult the manufactures documentation before restarting this process.
ADVANCED: You can check your router or DHCP server to find the IP Address of the camera and manually enter this.
4. Once selected, scroll down and select the Camera Type as 'Other IP Camera'
5. You will now have to enter a URL. This will need the IP Address of the camera, which can be found in front of the MAC address you selected above. An IP Address will look something like 192.168.1.100. Please note your system may use a different IP Address range so this is an example only. It MUST match the IP address of YOUR camera to work.
6. The URL will need to be:
                                http://<IPAddress>/image.jpg
NOTE: Change <IPAddress> into the actual address of your camera, using the example before it will look like this:
                                http://192.168.1.100/image.jpg
7. In the User name filed enter 'Admin
8. The default password for this camera is blank, so leave this field empty (unless you changed the password when you setup the camera in the manufactures configuration, if so please enter it now)
9. Click the 'Test' button below and if you see an image appear then the configuration has worked.
If no image appears, please start from the beginning of these instructions. Making sure you check each stage.
10.Once the test has worked, enter the camera name you want (suggest you keep it simple)
11. Select the room
12. Click Next and finish

Posted: 6 years ago
Hi!

I've done as above when attempting to install my dlink 930L camera in my Vera plus-system. I've tried a number of different url's for this cam but at best, when I try the test-button, I'm asked to sign in with username and password. But when I try to sign in with the proper records, it blinks and then goes back and repeatedly asks me to sign in again as if incorrect. Where am I going wrong? Please help!

Regards

Fredrik from Sweden